SOLAR HOT WATER SYSTEMS
Solar Thermal Water Heating without Utility Grid
Become more independent in the use of energy with Solar hot water systems from Solar UD asia.
- Collectors to take the heat from the sun and pass it to a fluid
- The heat transfer fluid which takes the heat from the collector for use or storage
- Heat exchangers to transfer the heat from the fluid to a home’s domestic water
- Pumps to move the fluid through the collector and/or the exchanger, and sometimes to move the domestic water through the other side of the exchanger
- Controllers to run the pumps when there is collector heat available
Off Grid Thailand’s Solar Hot Water Systems capture and retain heat from the sun and transfer this heat to a liquid. Solar thermal heat is trapped using the “greenhouse effect,” in this case is the ability of a reflective surface to transmit short wave radiation and reflect long wave radiation. Heat and infrared radiation (IR) are produced when short wave radiation light hits a collector, which is then trapped inside the collector. Fluid, usually water, in contact with the collects the trapped heat to transfer it to storage.